My family loves Greek Salad. It is a salad my dad introduced my family to. There is no right or wrong proportions of anything. This is just an idea of what you could do. My family LOVES the feta so they add a whole bunch. Play with the proportions and get it to what you like! The other good thing about Mediterranean recipes, is that they are some of the healthiest recipes you will find and this one is no exeption! I do have to give a disclaimer though, Greek food, to me at least, is an acquired taste. It will take a few tries with it for it to grow on you. This is how it worked for me at least.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- ½ cucumber sliced, in to thick half moons
- 4 oz. feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 16 kalamata olives (optional, I sometimes leave the out)
- **Any of the above vegetables are optional but together add for the greek flavor
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir until well combined
- In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cucumber, feta cheese and kalamata olives.
- When ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Salt and Pepper salad as needed.
(recipe slightly adapted from MediterrAsian.com)