2015 is here?! Already?! Wow. The last few years seem to go by into overdrive for me.
2014 was a good one for me. Especially here on the blog, and I have you wonderful readers to thank for it. Really, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you. It has been so fun to connect with you over recipes and food, and I really hope you have been enjoying them as well. I have some great things planned for 2015 :)
I LOVE the start of a new year. Brad Paisley once said, “Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” I love that quote. Today is totally the start of something new. New beginnings. New adventurers. New challenges. New goals. New ambitions. New Resolutions. New opportunities.
Speaking of resolutions, I know many of you are probably making goals to eat healthier, maybe eat more veggies, or perhaps just to incorporate more variety into your diets. Well today’s recipe encompasses all of those things.
Have you had a wedge salad before? It honestly does not get any simpler. Plus they are delicious and healthy!
This Savory Feta Dressing is so unique and delicious! It has a great mash up of flavors. Top it off with pine nuts for a nice texture addition and wha-la! You have one satisfying, filling and tasty meal!
- 2 heads Iceberg lettuce, cut each head into quarters or even smaller wedges if you prefer
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped basil
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup cooked and finely chopped bacon
- ½ cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup feta
- 1 cup pine nuts
- Make dressing by combining basil, mayo, buttermilk, bacon, sun dried tomato and feta in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour over each lettuce wedge.
- Garnish with pine nuts.