Orange Creamsicle Pie
This Orange Creamsicle Pie is such a delightful summer treat. It is light in texture and has such a refreshing flavor.
Summer has been crazy over here in my neck of the woods. I am down to the final 4-5 weeks of this pregnancy and we are anxiously preparing and anticipating baby girl getting here. There is still so much to do but I’m hopeful I will be able to get everything done ;)
In the meantime, we have had several family reunions and gatherings in the past month. Good food is always a must when my family gets together and this Orange Creamsicle Pie was a perfect addition to the menu! It is light and fluffy in texture and has such a refreshing delicious flavor. The vanilla wafer crust is perfection and pairs perfectly with the creamy pie.
If you need a great summertime treat, give this one a try! It is sure to be a hit!
- 60 Nilla waffers
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 4 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend vanilla wafers in a food processor until it is crumbled into fine crumbs.
- In a small bowl combine waffer crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-8 minutes until edges turn slightly golden brown in color. Let cool on counter top.
- Refridgerate for 1 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl beat heavy cream for two minutes, and then add powdered sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, orange juice and orange zest. Beat in high until creamy and smooth. Add orange food coloring if desired.
- Fold in the set aside whipped cream mix until blended.
- Pour into the crust and top with whipping cream.
- Whipping Cream Topping Directions:
- In a medium bowl combine whipping cream and powder sugar. Beat until firm.
- Spread over the top of pie filling.
- Refrigerate until set.
Is it lemon zest or orange zest? You list lemon zest as an ingredient yet reference orange zest in the instructions.
Ohhh yum, cannot wait to try this out! Thank you!
This is the best pie ever for summer or anytime! I made it this weekend and everyone raved about it! A MUST to make.
Thank you Nikki! My husband and I loved every one of your recipes that I made!!!
Leave a Comment