Side dishes and I are either best friends or complete enemies. After making the main dish, side dishes are lucky to hit the table… especially *new* side dish recipes. I tend to stick to what I know and what my kids will actually eat.
Mashed Potatoes are such a classic and crowd favorites side dish. It is the one vegetable side dish I can count on my kids eating nearly 100% of the time.
So thats when the clever idea came… why not sneak is another veggie?! These potatoes are AMAZING! The spinach adds a great pop of color. They are creamy and absolutely delicious! You won’t want to make them any other way!
- 3 lbs. potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Peel and cut potatoes into 8 sections.
- Add water to completely cover potatoes. Cook until fork tender then drain out water.
- Place potatoes in large mixing bowl. Add sour cream, butter and milk and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add spinach, garlic salt, salt, pepper. and Parmesan and beat until well mixed in.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese and garnish the top with additional ¼ cup cheddar cheese.