There is something about the Nutella and Banana combo that makes my heart sing.
I was craving it the other day and decided to turn that combo into some muffins. These were incredible and reminded me of my Nutella Banana Cookies in a way.
My husband gobbled up 3 or 4 of these in one sitting saying I think this needs to be a Sunday Morning regular :) It always makes me happy to hear him rave about my food. If you need a tasty and new breakfast idea, give these a try!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add milk, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas. Sir to mix ingredients until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until ingredients are incorporated, do no over stir.
- Line a 12 muffin pan with 12 muffin tins or spray muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins.
- Add a teaspoon of Nutella to the top of each muffin and gently cut Nutella into batter with a knife or toothpick to produce pretty swirls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.