I know there are plenty of versions of this soup out there on the internet. This happens to be my mother’s version that she created, and let me tell you, if it comes from my mom, you KNOW its going to be good!
This soup is healthy and flavorful. It is super delicious and a great way to get some much needed veggies while warming yourself up this winter season! Definitely give this soup a try! You will LOVE it!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup uncooked pasta, shells or elbow
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- grated Parmesan Cheese, for topping
- Sauté carrots in olive oil until almost tender.
- Add onions and sautee for another two minutes.
- Add garlic and sautee for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, bullion cubes, basil, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add beans and spinach. Cook for about two minutes and serve.
- Top with fresh grated parmasan.