I am all about EASY and DELICIOUS dinners. These past couple weeks have been SO busy around my neck of the woods. Between me and my husband, our schedule can fill up pretty fast. Within the next month, I am flying out for 3 different events and my husband for one. I had two events last month, so between recovering, parenting, cleaning and planning for the next month, elaborate dinners are not happening at my home.
However, who ever said easy meals can’t taste like a million bucks?! When you get to know flavors your family enjoys, it becomes easy to throw them into just about anything. That is the story of these taquitos. My husband took his first bite and said, “OH WOW! These are INCREDIBLE!” It put a big smile on my face because it took hardly any effort on my part to create them. I mean, really, how can you go wrong with creamy, baked and green chiles?!?!
BAKED Creamy Green Chilie Beef Taquitos
By May 1, 2013
- Yield: about 14 taquitos
Tastes like a million bucks but requires hardly any effort to make!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz. cream cheese softned
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles drained
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack monterey cheese
- 14 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Cook and brown ground beef completely. Drain juices and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, green chiles, cumin, salt, pepper jack cheese, colby jack-monterey cheese and cooked ground beef. Stir to evenly incorporate all ingredients.
- Place 2-3 Tbsp. of ground beef mixture on flour tortilla. Roll up tightly. Placed on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas. You may need more or less tortillas than listed in ingredients depending on how much filling you place in each taquito.
- Once cookie sheet is filled, spray tops of taquitos lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.