If you are looking for an easy, delicious and memorable breakfast to serve your guests, I have just the recipe for you!
These little puffins are JAM packed with all your favorite breakfast flavors! It is so mouthwatering good, you would be lucky if you could stop yourself at just one! :)
I nicknamed these “Puffins” because they remind me of Egg McMuffins but they use Puff Pastry instead of an english muffin. The are SO delectable and so easy to make.
By March 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 9 Servings
This recipe is so simple and so delicious and will completely wow the guests you serve them too!
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry thawed
- 12 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon more for garnish
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 9 slices cooked Bacon
- 9 slices ham
- . . SAUCE
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1/8 cup milk
- Cut each Puff Pastry sheet into 9 equal squares for a total of 18 squares and align on 2 cookie sheets.
- Cook Puff Pastry squares at 400 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown in color. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, combine beaten eggs, cumbered bacon and milk. Cook scrambled eggs. For the last 30 seconds, sprinkle on shredded colby jack cheese and let melt.
- As best as you can, divide eggs into 9 equal portions placing 1/9 of scrambled eggs onto the flat side of one Puff Pastry square. Continue topping each of the 9 egg covered squares with a slice of ham (fold as needed) and 1 slice of bacon broken into halves. Place the flat side of a second Puff Pastry on top of each puffin.
- To make cheese sauce, combine Velveeta and milk in a small microwave size bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring at each interval until melted smoothly together.
- Top each puffin with some drizzled cheese sauce and some additional crumbled bacon.