With Valentine’s Day around the corner… aka, tomorrow…. I knew I needed to get something up quick for those last minute treats you are wanting to hand out.
Of course, in a pinch, I ALWAYS resort back to my pudding cookie recipe, which you all probably already knew by now :) I never stray far from this recipe.
I am in love with these cookies. Not just because they are “love” themed, but because one of the “secret” ingredients adds such a delicious and unique touch and makes these cookies exceptionally mouthwatering.
I realized I don’t have very many Valentine’s Day recipes on my blog, so I wanted to change that up and get this recipe to you just in time for the holiday tomorrow. These cookies are super festive and super cute and would make the perfect after-school-treat for your little sweethearts or a fun handout to your neighbors or coworkers.
The added hint of Raspberry chocolate sends these cookies out of the ball park. It provides a sweet, delicious and romantic flavor that suits this holiday perfectly. I sent these with my hubby to give to his scouts and he said they were gobbled up pretty quick!
And aren’t the sprinkles so darling?! I love Valentine’s sprinkles… I kinda collect them actually. The pink and red colors are just so happy and the heart shaped sprinkles are like a cuteness overload. I added some shimmery hot pink sprinkles when I rolled them and I am so glad I did. It make the pink color stand out more. My daughter was in complete heaven with the “pink cookies” :)
Sweetheart Raspberry Pudding Cookies
By February 13, 2013
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
A sweet, easy and delicious treat that is perfect for Valentines Day!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 22 Raspberry Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3.4 oz box Vanilla Instant Pudding mix dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 drops red food coloring more if you want a darker color
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup sprinkles plus more for rolling
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and 22 Raspberry Hershey Kisses. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval until they have melted completely together.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar and softened 1/2 cup of butter. Cream together until smooth. Add melted butter/Hershey kisses and beat until smooth.
- Add Vanilla Instant Pudding mix and beat until incorporated.
- Add eggs, vanilla and red food coloring and mix in well.
- Add baking soda and flour and mix in well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and as many sprinkles as desired. I tend to add a lot because I think its pretty and cute, but its up to you.
- Roll dough into 1" balls. Then roll into your sprinkles. I made a bowl of all kinds of different Valentines sprinkles because I think they are cuter that way, but once again, it is all up to you.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.