Taquitos are one of the easiest dinners to make. Especially baked taquitos.
I was craving some taquitos the other day and asked my hubby if he had a preference as to what went in them. He instantly said BBQ and beef… a total guy response, right? :) I had never heard of a BBQ Beef Taquito, so I decided to give it a whirl. We all thoroughly enjoyed this dinner, even my two picky kids gobbled theirs up!
If you are in a dinner rut, this is the perfect recipe for you. It is different, simple and delicious.
Baked BBQ Beef Taquitos
By January 23, 2013Published:
- Yield: about 15 taquitos (15 Servings)
A yummy and easy dinner that your whole family will enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. ranch dressing mix powdered mix from packet
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- TT salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese you can use colby monterey jack blend if you would like
- 15 small flour tortillas
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet until completely cooked through and juices run clear.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, onion powder, garlic salt, BBQ sauce and monterey jack cheese. Stir until combined. Add salt as needed to taste if you think it needs more flavor.
- Place a few spoonfuls of mixture into the center of flour tortilla. Roll up and place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas or until mixture is gone.
- Once taquitos are aligned on cookie sheet, spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top and edges.