Being the foodie that I am, you better believe Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays! I come from a family of AMAZING cooks, so when they all get together to celebrate, it is literally my favorite meal of the year. Stuffing, Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet potatoes… just thinking of makes my mouth water.
As I was brainstorming what to make for dinner the other day, I wanted a taste of Thanksgiving without all the work. Then I just started cooking and came up with this yummy dish. If you love the flavors of Thanksgiving, you are going to love this meal.
I think the Kristian Regale sparkling apple cider added such a nice flavor to this meal- and what I didn’t use in cooking, my hubby and I enjoyed drinking over dinner! MMM! It is the perfect time of year to enjoy Sparkling Cider and I for one not only enjoy drinking it, but cooking with it as well! Kristian Regale has a variety of delicious and unique flavors that are sure to make your holiday all the more special!
By November 3, 2012Published:
- Yield: 5 Servings
All the yummy flavors of Thanksgiving wrapped up into one incredible dish!
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 box stuffing
- 3/4 cup sparkling apple cider I used Kristian Regále Brand
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup craisins
- Place chicken breasts in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, stir in flour and stir to form roux. Let it cook together, while stirring, for about a minute. Slowly add milk a little at a time. Stir constantly until thickens. Once thickened, add onion powder and garlic salt and stir to combine. Pour over the top of chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry stuffing mix and craisins. Add sparkling apple cider and water until stuffing has all be coated. Pour over the top of sauce.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.