I am so happy to report that as of 3 days ago, my little boy is 100% back to normal and his weight is up where it was! SO glad to be out of the woods :)
During that week of craziness- in and out of doctors offices and hospitals- my slow cooker was my saving grace when it came to having dinner on the table. I did not have the time to make any extravagant, time consuming meals. This was one of the meals I made and it turned out absolutely delicious! It is a fun spin on the traditional Pulled BBQ Pork recipe I usually do and had a sweeter flavor. It is extremely easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. While it doesn’t replace my BBQ Pulled Pork recipe, it was a nice occasional change up!
Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Pulled Pork
By November 1, 2012
Cooks for 8-10 hours, so this is perfect to put on the night before or when you have a long day ahead of you!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 3-4 lbs. pork sirloin or loin roast
- kosher salt
- 1 (18 oz.) jar apricot preserves
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Hamburger buns
- Rub pork roast with Kosher salt to evenly coat all surfaces pressing the salt into the meat. Place in crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, combine apricot preserves, chopped onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and garlic salt. Once combined, pour over pork roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender and can easily be pulled apart with a fork.
- Once meat is cooked and tender, remove from crock pot. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred the pork with two forks and then place back into the slow cooker and stir it into the juices; heat through.
- Serve in hamburger buns.
recipe adapted from: Taste of Home Slow Cooker Magazine