I don’t know what it is about cheese, but I crave it almost daily. I had the opportunity a couple months ago to visit Heber Valley Cheese Farm with a few other food bloggers. We had the privilege of trying quite the variety of cheeses… and let me tell you, I was in heaven!
These crackers are perfect because not only do they satisfy my cheese craving, but they are just the right size to pack up in your kid’s lunches, have for an after school snack or fulfill that salty craving you just can’t shake. You will be amazed at how easy they are to make and how quickly they whip up! I found this recipe at In the Kitchen with Kath and am so happy I did. This is definitely a recipe I will keep around and use often!
Homemade Cheese Crackers
By November 4, 2012
So simple to make! These are perfect for kid's lunches, after-school-snacks, or when you get that salty craving! We LOVE this recipe!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 6 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter softened and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place shredded sharp cheddar cheese, butter, flour, salt and crushed red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse until the dough turns into coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and process until dough forms into a ball.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface. Try your best to roll into a rectangular shape and until the dough reaches about 1/8" thickness.
- With a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 1" squares. Use flat end of a wooden skewer to poke a hole in center of squares.
- Place crackers on a greased baking sheet, at least 1/4" apart from one another.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges just start to brown. You don't want to over cook these. Store any not being eaten right away in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
(recipe from: In the Kitchen with Kath)