When my husband leaves on business trips, life gets kind of chaotic around my home. When I say chaotic, I mean the word in its entirety. I don’t know how you single parents do it and I have the utmost respect for you. Without the little break that I typically get when my husband comes home from work, I am a little more frazzled to say the least. These days are my idea of the perfect slow cooker days. I happened across this recipe comes from Taste of Home and knew it would be an easy meal to make for my family.
The rich and sweet maple syrup combined with the texture and strong flavor of the stone-ground mustard compliment this dish so well. The glaze thickens up so nicely in the crockpot and the flavor really seeps through the chicken making each bite as wonderful as the last.
Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Chicken
By October 17, 2012Published:
This recipe is only 4 ingredients and the sauce makes this meal is outstanding! It is a slow cooker meal making it super easy and very little prep work.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and place chicken breasts inside.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, mustard and quick cooking tapioca. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is done and tender.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or even mashed potatoes.
(Recipe from: Taste of Home)