Better than Anything S’more Cake
Occasionally when the colder weather hits, I like to make something in the kitchen that reminds me of summer. For whatever reason, it makes me feel that much warmer :)
This weekend was a cold and rainy one here in Utah. For the first time, we left the house in beanies, heavy coats and lots and lots of layers. As much as I LOVE fall clothing (its my favorite) it made me a tiny bit sad to know it meant we were really, truly, leaving summer behind. Not quite ready to say goodbye to warm weather, I headed to my kitchen and concocted this amazing cake. Doesn’t it scream a little bit of summer to you? S’mores are one of the highlights of my family’s summers!
Chocolate, marshmallow, graham crackers and yummy caramel make this cake out of this world, at least in my opinion. It is so easy to whip up and is completely unique. If you have guests over and need a little hint of summer in the upcoming cold months, give this cake a try.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, and any ingredients it requires
- 1 (12.25 oz.) jar Smucker's Marshmallow Topping
- 1 (16 oz) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over marshmallow topping over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle top of cake with crushed graham crackers
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.
If you like this recipe, then you might also like:
Better than Anything Cake
Nutella S’more Bars
Better than Anything Butterfinger Cake
S’more Golden Graham Treats
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel
This cake looks so ooey, gooey and totally perfect!
I'm from FL so winter is when it is finally just cool enough for a fire and, therefore, s'mores! I am making this ASAP :)
You are brilliant! This sounds like something right up my alley. I am always tring to work the smores concept into some old classics. Making it right away!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
The cake would definitely warm me up! That happened to me last week and I made pina colada dip to bring some tropical-ness into my chilly kitchen!
Mimi @ Culinary Couture
Poke cakes are fab! I love this version!
Shannah @ Just Us Four
Wow, that looks amazing! I love s'mores so much and always want them in the winter to bring back those late summer weekend memories. This is a perfect replacement :)
Good mercy, you took that to a whole new level. Can't we please get together for a potluck and you bring this?!
Can't wait to try these recipes !!!
How do I change my avatar?
Bought all the ingredients to make this....can't wait! My family visited Utah for the first time this summer and I fell in love with your state!!! Would love to move there one day.
This cake is delightful!!!! I will definitely be making it again!!!!!
OMG! This looks delicious! I am making this once it's not 100 degrees here! I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
Leave a Comment