I love slow cooker meals! This one came from the Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes magazine. I absolutely adore Taste of Home and specifically that magazine! My slow cooker is my best friend :)
I made this for dinner last week and we really enjoyed it! It was a fun change to our typical dinner routines!
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
By October 7, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 chicken breasts (4 Servings)
An easy and delicious meal!
- 4 medium to large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary crushed
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, butter and rosemary; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup chicken broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken with rice and sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
(recipe from: Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes magazine)