Believe it or not, their are people out there who don’t like chocolate… Crazy right?! ;-)
My sister AND sister-in-law both happen to fall into the “I could do without chocolate” category. This weekend we were able to hang out with all my husband’s family. In his family there are 8 siblings, 7 sister-in-laws and 10 grandkids. All but one brother-in-law and his family were there. Needless to say, it was a fun and packed weekend. For dessert, I knew we needed a definite crowd pleaser.
Well, I know for a fact that the Better than Anything Cake is ALWAYS a winner, seriously it is amazing. I thought it might be fun to do a spin on it to please my cute sister-in-law! She (and everyone else) LOVED it! Definitely a fun take on the original and a fun way to change things up!
Better Than Anything Butterfinger Cake
By September 27, 2012
This cake is so easy to make and a fun spin on the traditional "Better than Anything Cake". This cake is a definite crowd pleaser!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix and all ingredients it calls for
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8 oz) tub cool whip thawed to room temp
- 3-4 regular size Butterfinger candy bars
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle with crushed Butterfinger candy bar pieces.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.