My family LOVES Mac and Cheese!
I had A LOT of cheeses and some pepperoni that needed to be used in my fridge and this is what I cam up with! It was so good and my hubby really enjoyed this fun change from the traditional mac and cheese I usually serve.
Definitely give this a try! It makes for a yummy side dish!
Pepperoni Pizza Mac and Cheese
By August 11, 2012Published:
A yummy twist on a classic recipe!
- 16 oz. Elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk may need more to thin out cheese sauce
- 4 oz. Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Cook elbow noodles as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and stir until all lumps have dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheeses, salt, and pepper until cheeses have melted and sauce is smooth.
- Drain macaroni and add to sauce and mix well. Stir in chopped pepperoni. Transfer to a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle breadcrumbs over top. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.