Growing up, My mom did all of the cooking/baking our home. However, there was always one go-to dessert that both me and my younger sister could make and that we both LOVED, Homemade Oreos. We all just love these!
This recipe is a fun homemade take on the Birthday Cake Oreos that have hit the stores. As soon as I saw them I knew it would be fun to adapt our family recipe to make them “Birthday Cake” style :) The end result… DELICIOUS! The cake batter frosting is incredible!
Homemade Birthday Cake Oreos
By August 15, 2012
These are so fun and delicious! The Cake Batter Frosting is incredible!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 boxes dry chocolate cake mix I use Devils Food
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- . CAKE BATTER FROSTING . .
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dry yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat chocolate cake mixes, eggs and oil until completely blended.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 8 minutes. You do not want to overcook these cookies. Almost a little underdone is better.
- While cookies are cooling, make frosting. Combine softened butter, powdered sugar, cake mix, vanilla, milk and sprinkles together in a medium bowl until completely blended
- When cookies are completely cooled, frost the bottom of one cookie, top with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. If you want added sprinkles, roll the cookies edges in sprinkles.