Growing up, My mom did all of the cooking/baking our home. However, there was always one go-to dessert that both me and my younger sister could make and that we both LOVED, Homemade Oreos. We all just love these!
This recipe is a fun homemade take on the Birthday Cake Oreos that have hit the stores. As soon as I saw them I knew it would be fun to adapt our family recipe to make them “Birthday Cake” style :) The end result… DELICIOUS! The cake batter frosting is incredible!
Homemade Birthday Cake Oreos
By August 15, 2012Published:
These are so fun and delicious! The Cake Batter Frosting is incredible!
- 2 boxes dry chocolate cake mix I use Devils Food
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- . CAKE BATTER FROSTING . .
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dry yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat chocolate cake mixes, eggs and oil until completely blended.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 8 minutes. You do not want to overcook these cookies. Almost a little underdone is better.
- While cookies are cooling, make frosting. Combine softened butter, powdered sugar, cake mix, vanilla, milk and sprinkles together in a medium bowl until completely blended
- When cookies are completely cooled, frost the bottom of one cookie, top with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies. If you want added sprinkles, roll the cookies edges in sprinkles.