I hope you all enjoyed my husband as the special guest writer yesterday. Hey throughly enjoyed it and told me he got a tiny real glimpse of why I LOVE blogging so much! Thanks for all your kind words about him! He was soaking it all in :) We might have to have him come around every once and a while!
School is getting back in session which means fall is right around the corner.
When I think of fall, I think of apples! I LOVE apples! I especially love to cook with apples. A kind lady in my neighborhood gave me this recipe so I decided to give it a try. I adapted it slightly and let me just say, this cake is absolutely fantastic! It is so easy to prepare and not only does it make your house smell AMAZING while its cooking, it tastes equally delicious! It is one of those semi-homemade recipes (my favorite kind) but no one would ever guess it :)
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- ¼ cup butter, cold
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, lemon extract and apple pie filling.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Prepare topping by combining brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.