So much to be said about two of my favorite words.
I could live off of Mexican Food for every meal for the rest of my life and die one happy girl. Enchiladas may be one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. Sometimes though, the process can be long. Stuffing and rolling each enchilada is not hard at all, but why not make it easier?! I am all about easy recipes and this one is not only easy but is DELICIOUS!
My husband ate half the pan by himself! He wanted me to be sure and tell all of you that he LOVED this dinner and it was deemed to make the “hubby favorites” list.
Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
By July 11, 2012
An extremely easy way to enjoy Enchiladas! A recipe your entire family will love!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped may also substitute onion powder
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6-8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 ( 14 oz.) can Red Enchilada Sauce I used mild, El Paso Brand
- 2 cups shredded cheese I used a Colby Jack/Monterey blend. I also used more because my hubby loves cheese :)
- any toppings you would like tomato, cilantro, lettuce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meat and onion until meat is browned and cooked completely through.
- Stir in salsa, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, cumin, and sour cream to the meat. until evenly mixed through.
- Spread 1/3 of meat mixture onto the bottom of the greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2/3-3/4 cup shredded cheese over the top of meat mixture.
- Layer with 2 tortillas. If desired, break and trim a third tortilla to fill in any gaps.
- Pour 1/3 of the enchilada sauce over the tops of the tortilla layer.
- Continue layering as listed above until top layer is reached. End with toping the casserole with tortillas, last 1/3 of enchilada sauce and shredded cheese. Be generous on the cheese :)
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve with any toppings you would like.
(recipe adapted from Get Off Your Butt and Bake!)