Here is another great crock pot recipe that you could throw on first thing in the morning and would be ready for lunch or throw on around lunch and have it ready by dinner! I saw this recipe and my mouth started watering! This was absolutely amazing! Even my 2 year old gobbled it up! If your looking for an easy and yummy meal, this one is absolutely PERFECT!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (I used Chicken Breasts)
- ½ to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing (I used Brianna's Asiago Caesar)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
- Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
- Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Spoon ¼ cup mixture onto each slider bun if you are making sliders or more for regular sized buns. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.
(recipe from: The Girl Who Ate Everything)