Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!
I love all things caramel and chocolate! These little bars are seriously a bite of heaven! I had to practice self-control to not devour the whole pan myself :) As you can tell, mine are a little gooey in the picture because I could hardly wait to cut into them!
- 64 caramel squares, unwrapped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups butter, melted
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small sauce pan, combine caramels and cream over low heat. Stir constantly until completely smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda until well combined.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture in half and press half the mixture evenly into the bottom of an 8x8" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let the Caramelitas cool completely before cutting.
(recipe from: Lulu the Baker)