Slow Cooker Zesty BBQ Chicken

Today is11-11-11

I don’t know about you, but I am going to be making a pretty epic wish at 11:11 today! ;-) haha!

I LOVE chicken.  I LOVE my crock pot.  I LOVE BBQ. My local grocery store occasionally hands out recipes and that is where this recipe came from.  My whole family devoured this chicken.  We served it in buns but my 2-year old just liked it plain by itself.  It was seriously delicious and so easy!  My husband is so funny….He gets really into this blog thing with me and critiques and rates my recipes.  He said I need to start a label called “hubby favorites”  where he can store the ones he wants in our meal cycle and that he would say are “the best”.  I have often laughed at that idea. I thought I would throw out that this wonderful recipe he deemed to be a “Hubby Favorite!”

SLOW COOKER ZESTY BBQ CHICKEN

3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
1 (18 oz) bottle Mesquite BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

Place chicken in the crock pot.In a bowl, mix bottle of barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian Salad Dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire Sauce. Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.

Use 2 forks to shred the chicken.

Serve on buns

Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

I actually love the idea of a "Hubby Favorites" label — I am a newlywed and I am realizing that my standards of "YUM!" aren't always the same as my husbands :)

I made a dill tuna salad early on that I loved and my hubby was like, "this is lunch?" haha

Thank you! I love slow cooker recipes, and just printed this one out. I like a 'hubby' tab-and why not a 'kid' tab, too? Keep them coming!

That looks delicious! I love crockpot recipes. My husband thinks I'm funny with my blog because I'm always taking pics of my food. He started taking pics of things he makes too. Silly.

TheBookGirl says:

Hubby has some good ideas :)
    This chicken looks like something my husband would like as well — the fact that it is a crockpot recipe makes it a hit with me!

I made something like this last weekend. I used pork shoulder, mango preserves, masterpiece bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder,chicken broth. I am going to try it with again with your idea of the chicken breast. I love your blog. I look at it everyday. Thanks for making me smile everyday.

I've been using this same recipe off of allrecipes all the time…it is outstanding!http://allrecipes.com/recipe/zesty-slow-cooker-chicken-barbecue/detail.aspx

This is yummy. My hubby will love this!!!! I hope you will come link up to The CSI Project on Thursday. The challenge is slow cooker recipes so this is perfect! Come by everyday this week for recipes and tutorials. You just might win the top prize or our giveaway this week.www.thecsiproject.comHugsDee

Wow! Definitely going to try this! Any preference as to the brand of mesquite BBQ sauce?

Yum-O!!!

♥Linsey

Rose @ Walnut Acre says:

This looks so yummy. I love crockpot cooking.

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable says:

Wow! My mouth is watering:) I'd love it if you could share this one too! Here's the link: http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-1.html

-Andrea

ReMadeSimple Kristina says:

sounds delicious!

This looks delicious! I think a hubby tab would be a great idea.:)

Making this tonight! In the crockpot, i used dark brown sugar not light brown. wasnt sure. what do you use?

Had this for supper last night. Yummy! Can't wait to go warm up some for lunch today :)

Saw this recipe on Pinterest and made it this evening. It is SO good! My family really enjoyed it.

Nice. If you like chicken, you might like my take on Sichuan chicken. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/my-take-on-sichuan-chicken.html

I’m 21 years old and living at home with my mom. because my step dad works so much, it’s usually just us for dinner. I made this tonight and my mom LOVED it! She’s now on her second sandwich and says I can cook whenever I want. lol

Angie Tarantino says:

Literally just made this for dinner and it was amazing. I seriously cant wait to try your other recipes!!

Hello Nikki! So glad to have found your blog via pinterest. I’ve tried a handful of your slow cooker recipes and have had some yummy results :) I’m thinking of trying this recipe for some friends coming over this weekend, but have split chicken breasts in my freezer. How would you recommend cooking this with bone in, skin on chicken?

Should I cook the chicken in the crock pot on its own, remove the meat from the bone and shred, put shredded chicken back in the crock pot, and then add the sauce ingredients?

Thanks :)

This looks delicious! I just threw all of the ingredients in the crockpot. I cant wait to see how it turns out :)

Thanks for the recipe! made this today and everyone LOVED IT!!!

Stephanie S. says:

I just made this for dinner. I used honey BBQ sauce and fat-free Italian dressing since that’s what I had on hand, and it was delicious!

I made this the other day. It was A M A Z I N G ! ! ! I added baby yellow potatoes cut in half and corn…We ate it like more of a stew…My Husband said I could make this ANY time I wanted…he LOVED it! Thanks so much for such a great recipe. I will be blogging about this soon and will definitely link back to you! Thanks again and I cant wait to try many more of your recipes!