I LOVE Broccoli Cheddar Soup. My mom made this soup all the time during the fall and winter seasons growing up, and now I make it for my family. It is so delicious and comforting on a colder day!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli (you can add more if you like)
- Salt and Pepper TT
- 8 oz. Velveeta Cheese
- 1 (8 oz) bag sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix water and heavy cream together and set aside.
- Melt butter and flour together to form a roux. Slowly add in heavy cream/water mixture stirring constantly. Add in chicken broth still stirring. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes to let the soup thicken up.
- Add in broccoli and cook over low heat for an additional 20-25 minutes to continue to thicken soup as well as cook and soften the broccoli.
- Sample and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut 8 oz. Velveeta into cubes and drop into soup and stir until melted. Add in sharp cheddar and stir until blended.