I love cake mix! It adds such a sweet and yummy flavor.
I saw this recipe over at Gimme Some Oven and knew it would be a smash hit at my home, and sure enough, it was! I don’t think we will ever make just regular rice krispy treats ever again!
CAKE BATTER RICE KRISPY TREATS
recipe from: Gimme Some Oven
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- ⅔ cup yellow cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispy cereal
- ⅓ cup assorted sprinkles
- In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt butter.
- Once butter has completely melted, add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Make sure you taste a little bit to make sure it is as “cake batter” flavored as you would like.
- Gently stir in cereal to the marshmallow mixture until it is all completely coated.
- Add half of the sprinkles and stir gently to mix in.
- Press into a 9×13 baking dish sprinkle remaining sprinkles over the top. I spray my hands with pam so that the rice krispie treats won’t stick to them while I press and I get a smooth top.
- Let it sit and cool for about 10-15 minutes to let the rice krispie treats firm up :)