No Bake Cake Batter Truffles

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!

I love cake batter.  I love cake batter more than I like cake.  I know I can’t be alone in this! :)  I knew when I came across these Cake Batter Truffles from Love Veggies and Yoga, I had to try it out.  They are extremely easy and are perfect for giving in to that sweet tooth craving!

Be sure and check out Cake Batter Truffles: Take 2 after you are done viewing these for a different and tasty spin on these bad boys!

No Bake Cake Batter Truffles: Take 1

By Chef in Training September 23, 2011

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes! I love cake batter.  I love cake batter more than I like …

1. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients, except dipping chocolate, and stir to combine.This mixture should be quite solid and not runny, but not so dry that you can’t mold it into balls. If you find that your mixture is a little too runny, add a touch more cake mix. If it’s a little too dry, add more sweetened condensed milk/agave.
  2. After you’ve made the dough, refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes and then remove and roll into balls.
  3. lace parchment paper down on a cookie sheet or pan. Melt the dipping chocolate, and dip the chilled cake batter balls into melted chocolate. After the balls are dipped in chocolate, place on parchment paper. Place truffles in freezer or fridge to set up.
  4. Yields: 20 to 30 truffles depending on size preference. Store in refrigerator or freezer.

recipe from: Love Veggies and Yoga

Comments

oh yum!

Stephanie of Gumdrop Pass says:

I LOVE cake batter (and hate cake!). I HAVE to try these – pinning to Pinterest! :)

These sounded so good! I ran to the pantry thinking I had a cake mix, but I don't! I'm so sad now!!

Michelle @ Loving Every Second says:

Holy crap, are you serious!?!? I LOVE cake batter stuff! They are my kind of treat. These are definitely getting pinned to make in the near future!

cooperkelly4 says:

I am right with ya….love the batter, could care less about the cake. Have you seen this:

oh yeah!

This sounds amazing! I'm sold!

Oh geez this sounds amazing!!! So much for losing the baby weight!!!

WOOOOOO! I am so making these for our next party!

The Country Cook says:

Oh those look delicious!

i am making for holidays..but gonna try them out tommorow…first..yum!!

I tried these! WOW! So goooooood!

Thanks to Pinterest I found both of these amazing recipes. I'm thinking they might have to make an appearance at my daughter's wedding!

You said if you don't use the agave just use all sweetened milk. All? The rest of the can? Or just the 1T that was suppose to be agave? I'm confused. Thanks.

I used chocolate cake and it took almost 3 times the amount of milk (that the recipe calls for above) to get them soft enough to roll into balls. Dry, Dry, Dry. Was it because I used chocolate cake mix?

LOVE the fact that these are no bake. I think I'll make then serve these tonight for dessert :) yay for Christmas break!http://chooseconfidence.blogspot.com/

Just made these but they are very rich…..maybe it was the size that we made. We are making these again for my highschool daughter's friends tomorrow. LOVE IT!

I used evaporated milk and some flour to cut the richness, they are awesome!!! I have also made the 2nd take ones too….thank you for such an easy treat that is a hit either way!!!

Buy some coconut oil. Found mine at Publix. It comes in a jar, as it is solid at room temp. Just add a little, maybe a tsp to start, to your chocolate. Then melt the two together. It will make your chocolate satin smooth. If not, add more in small amounts until desired consistency When you dip anything with this method, it makes a nice, thinner coat. I put mine out on a cooling rack, rather than than wax paper, to set. This way, any extra chocolate drains off rather than pooling around the cake ball. Some people may prefer the “pool”, in which case use the wax paper. Hope that helps!

I just made these, they taste awesome, and the truffle itself was easy to make; but I am not an experienced dipper. I made a huge mess when I was coating the truffles, do you have any tips?

I made these and everyone loved them! Simple to make, too! And pretty!

Theresa says:

My husband & I made these last night. Recipe was easy & the trifles are the best ever!! Our kids
    & grandkids keep saying we bought them. Very good!

Yum!! I made them the other day but used chocolate cake mix and white chocolate to cover them in…. Excellent!!!

Approximatly how many calories would you say is in 1 cake ball?!?

beautiful and yummyyyyyyyyy…………

Your recipe for the no-bake cake batter balls was a hit. at the party. Great recipe

I know I am like…a year late…but I just realized you made these and so glad you liked my recipe and that your readers seem happy with it, too!

Pamela Marks says:

instead of using Agave could you use sugar and if you use sugar how much should I use?

instead of Agave, I would replace it with some extra sweetened condensed milk, because it needs the moisture. Hope that helps! Have a great day! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Wow! I saw this and had to try it! They taste amazing and I haven’t even dipped them yet!!

These look delicious! I really want to try making these with Funfetti cake mix!

After they were dipped in chocolate, they burst open (every last one). And they didn’t have much flavour other than overly sweet. Maybe I should have added more vanilla? Either way – super a delicious idea but I wasn’t a hit at my house!

LOOKS SO GOOD. CANT WAIT TO THY THE ONES I COPIED

Hi! these do look so Yummy….. We tried them this afternoon and Im sorry to say but they are a bit Over sweet. May I suggest something to tone down the sweetness such as peanut butter or sun butter mixed in? I love trying new recipes, being a baker/ chef myself for the past 6 years I use to hate if someone wasn’t in love with one of my recipes. I have come to love constructive criticism though. It has helped me grow as a baker and makes my business much more successful. I like your site! Happy Baking