Tasty Italian Chicken

Now that I have had my baby,I want to lose those 10 last pounds quicker!I have done the diet thing before, but in the past that meant giving up foods I love.I am not going to go as strict this time around but I am going to try and cook more “healthy” and “low calorie” recipes.Don’t you worry,not all my recipes are going “lower calorie”  I have a skinny 6’2″ husband that can’t afford to lose even one pound so I will still be cooking him up some good stuff :)To help me find a balance between delicious and diet, I got this amazing cookbook called, “Taste of Home: Comfort Food Diet Cookbook”.  This is a recipe that comes from that cook book.TASTY ITALIAN CHICKEN1/2 cup chopped onion1-1/8 tsp paprika, divided3 tsp olive oil, divided1-1/4 cups water1/4 cup tomato paste1 bay leaf1/2 tsp reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules1/2 tsp Italian seasoning1/4 cup all-purpose flour1-1/2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese1/2 tsp salt1/4 tsp garlic powder1/4 tsp dried oregano1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloinsIn a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 tsp paprika in 1 tsp olive oil until tender.  Stir in water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika.  Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 tsp oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.  Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil.  Remove bay leaf from sauce.  Serve over chicken.NUTRITION FACTS:4 ounces cooked chicken with 3 Tbsp. sauce has:163 calories3 g fat67 mg cholesterol287 mg sodium8 g carbohydrate1 g fiber27 g proteinEnjoy!Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

Taste of Home always has great food recipes. You know when following their recipe, you'll always getting something good. Your chicken looks delicious and so juicy! ~Carolyn

This looks so good for a Sunday brunch…
    I'll be honored for you to add this recipe in our party this week at
    Maggie

Foodness Gracious says:

Great lookin chicky dish! Perfect for an easy dinner..
    Thanks for sharing

amanda.c09 says:

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog http://www.kraftingkreations.blogspot.com! Whats funny is that I found your blog earlier today when I was blog surfing. I stumbled upon your Blueberry Snack Cake recipe that looks delicious. I am now following you! Now I'm off to look through your other wonderful recipies!

Amanda

Pat's Pink Apron says:

I love Italian. This looks good!
    From http://patspinkapron.blogspot.com

That looks really delicious! And who doesn't love the occasional yummy low calorie meal.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Love your site–everything looks delicious! I can't wait to try several of these recipes. Thanks!

-Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

meijo's JOY says:

This look so good – low calorie meal? Definitely must try!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com says:

I'll be visiting to see what you cook up because I'm trying to lose a little weight, too. This looks great!

Billie Monster says:

Thanks for sharing that great lookin' dish!

Your husband sounds exactly like mine! He had 5 brownies after dinner and I had an apple :)

mmmmm!!!Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!Hope you have a great week!Jill @ Creating my way to Success http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

This is gonna be tried soon.We have a link-up party going on – Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

Can you do this with chicken breasts?

Can you do this with chicken breasts?

Can you do this with chicken breasts?