Pumpkin Pancakes

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Sarah who posted it on our sister-in-law blog, and I am not sure where it originates from but regardless, it is DELICIOUS!  I love pumpkin and the season is coming up for it, so you will definitely have to try out these amazing pumpkin pancakes!

PUMPKIN PANCAKES

3 cups flour
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4. tsp. ginger
2 T brown sugar
2 cups pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
2 1/2 cup sour milk* (more or less depending on moistness of pumpkin)
3 eggs

1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl, making a hole in the center.
2. Add pumpkin puree, sour milk, eggs to center of bowl, and mix gently. Do not overmix. If batter is a bit stiff, add a little water until it can easily be spooned onto a hot lightly greased griddle.
3. Let pancakes bake until bubbles pop in the top, then flip—just one time. Do not press down—you want these to be light and airy!
4. Serve with your choice of whipped cream, syrup, and strawberries…or you could go the sweet route and top them with a vanilla glaze.

*Sour milk…this can be in any form: buttermilk, raw milk that has soured (not pasteurized milk), 1 tablespoon plain yogurt + water to make 1 cup, 1 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar + milk to make 1 cup, 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice + milk to 1 cup. Let stand to clabber for 5 minutes before using.

Comments

Emily Joyce says:

I love pumpkin, and pancakes! I made them from a mix once, but I'll have to try this recipe!

This pancakes are amazing!! gloria

Lark (SparkyLarky)@ Lark's Country Heart says:

LOVE THEM!

Shore Girl says:

Oh my these look wonderful! Bookmarking this for sure!

I love pumpkin pancakes!! I've got an amish pumpkin pancake recipe on my blog and it's delish!

These look YUM. Question for you. We are a dairy free home (two out of five are allergic). Do you think lemon juice with rice milk would work?

Thanks for sharing.

SortaSuperMom says:

Mmmmm… those sound AMAZING! I'm seriously bookmarking your page RIGHT NOW, lol.

I found you off VB and I just wanted you to know that I nominated you for an award. You can check it out @ http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com/2011/07/butterfly-award.html.

Also, I wanted to highlight you and your blog in a future post for a section I do on mine called 'Saturday Shout-outs'. Each week I highlight a great writer- like yourself. My hope is that it will not only bring more readership to both of our blogs, but that we can learn a little more about each other.

If you're interested, please email me at asoto0703 at gmail.com.

Talk to you soon!

~Amber 'SortaSuperMom' @ http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com/

Yum, you have a beautiful site. I will be stopping by for recipes! I'm your newest follower!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

I love pumpkin and never thought of making pancakes with them! Great idea!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

The Ellis' says:

I'm finally back to the blogging world! These look so good! They make me so excited for fall!

Amy J. and Tiffanie A. says:

The word "pumpkin" puts me in fall mode!! Too bad it is a 110 degrees and no where near fall for me! I have booked mark this recipe to make for my boyfriend come fall. I love love love how yummy it looks!

OhioMomPatriot says:

This will be a yummy way to use the pumpkins in the garden. Thanks for sharing!

ahhh I can't wait to make these! They're on my board in Pinterest now :)

These are the cutest little pancakes. I pinned and stumbled them a few days ago. Thanks for the great recipe :)

If you’d like, I wanted to invite you to share your best recipes over at my new party, Recipe Sharing Monday at Jam Hands. I’m going to be featuring my favorite submissions during the week and I’d love it if you’d join in the fun. :O)

my favorite time of the WHOLE YEAR is when IHOP has their pumpkin pancakes. Will be trying these!

I am already a follower and thank you for the nice comment and following back. All your food looks totally amazing! These pumpkin pancakes really look good since it's breakfast time. I would love to try and make these. It's funny you look a lot like my sister. She lives in Columbus, Ohio and is a hairdresser.

Katie @ The Crafty Blog Stalker says:

These look very yummy!

I would love for you to share them at my Blog Stalking Thursday Linky Party!

Kathryn Michelle Jenkins says:

ok delicious! I will have to try these this coming fall, it will be perfect in october for our halloween festivities. love the idea.

kathryn

The Tootsie Wootsie says:

I have bookmarked this! looks delish!

Come link it over at my WOOTY WOOT WOOT party!

the cape on the corner says:

oh my gosh, i SO want this for fall! yums!

The Answer Is Chocolate says:

Never thought about pancakes. My husband loves pumpkin pie and he loves pancakes so…..

Hi! I found your blog through Seasonal Saturday and I was so glad to see a kindred pumpkin loving spirit! :) I cannot wait until September when I will start making pumpkin recipes. These look amazing.

Maria @ A Platter of Figs

These look scrumptious!

umm ok im gonna have to make these..with a big cup of coffee!

Can't wait to give these a try! Thanks so much for linking to the Tuesday To Do Party! Smiles!Jamiwww.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

I linked over via Flamingo Toes and looked at your awesome lasagna roll ups. Then the next link I looked at was you pancakes. I obviously like your style. Thanks for sharing.http://aandnblackburn.blogspot.com/

Kate H.(www.sprinkletherapy.blogspot.com) says:

Oh yummy! I love all things pumpkin! These make me giddy for fall (:

Multi-talented Mama says:

How many pancakes does this make? They sound amazing!!

@ DJ Rose, The lemon is just to sour the cow's milk. It won't sour rice milk. You can just add rice milk as is or any other kind of milk. I like to cook with coconut milk (unflavored) though, it has a thicker consistency.

Jessica Hardy says:

How many pancakes does this make?

I made these last night, they were delish! Four out of the five people in my household had them and asked for seconds…the recipe made a big batch so I froze the rest…yummy pancakes whenever I want!

Made these for dinner last night. My two kids LOVED them. After reading other comments, I did half all the ingredients. Never again, as everyone at the table was wanting more. Thanks for a great family recipe.

A friend of mine made pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup. It was delicious! I’ll have to try these

I don’t know what sort of culinary wizardry you’re playing with, but I just made this recipe as a waffle (as I tend to do) and they were the fluffiest waffles to ever come out of my kitchen! Amazingly yum!

Oh my gosh! These were amazing!! What a wonderful breakfast treat. So light and yummy. Thanks for posting. Now to try them as waffles.