My mom has been serving this appetizer for a long time now. I got this recipe from her and every time I taste or smell it, I fall more in love with it. It is an amazing appetizer and has the right combination of flavor that will keep you coming back for more!
- 1 (16 oz) circle shaped Brie Cheese
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup craisins
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place chopped pecans on a clean baking sheet and bake until toasted and fragrant. About 7-10 minutes.
- Place cheese on an oven safe dish with sides. Sprinkle and lightly pat ½ cup brown sugar over it and on the sides.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is soft.
- While cheese is baking, In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring 3 Tbsp brown sugar and 3 Tbsp maple syrup to a boil. Simmer until foamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- After cheese has baked, sprinkle chopped pecans and craisins over the cheese. Then drizzle sauce over.
- Serve with baguette or crackers.