Overnight Blueberry French Toast

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!

I was looking for something new and fun for breakfast and stumbled upon this recipe and now it has become a breakfast staple in my home. I love that it can be prepared the night before and popped in the oven the next morning!  Not to mention the delicious blueberry syrup!  It is AMAZING!

and topped with the blueberry syrup….MmmMm!

OVERNIGHT BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST
Found recipe on: Real Mom Kitchen

French Toast:

12 slices bread, cut into cubes (french or Texas toast work well.  I prefer Texas Toast.)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 large eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups milk (I use 1 cup milk and 1 cup cream)

Syrup:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Tablespoon butter

Arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.
Top with remaining bread cubes.
Mix together eggs, milk, and syrup.
Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce.

Serves 8.

Sauce: Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened. Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Serve over the french toast.

Linked up to:some of these fun link parties!

Comments

Oh my, this looks so good! I am your newest follower, I would love it if you would follow me!

I am soooo excited I found your blog. Thank you so much for the comment and I am so excited you found me. Yay I love new blog friends it is so fun. I am going to love this because I love to try new recipes. I followed you and put you on my blog roll. :)LovesA Mommy's Life…with a touch of YELLOWtyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

When I saw this it took my breath away! My daughter is going to flip over this. We make the usual blah blah sausage and cheese egg casserole – forget that! Cream cheese, maple syrup and blueberries into French Toast casserole? Heaven! I'm following you too! So happy to find some new refreshing creative recipes. I'll be sure to leet you know which ones I try first.

Yes yes yes!!! This to die for! Bury me in syrup I'm in! I'm your new favorite follower! http://www.virtuouswomanexposed.blogspot.com

That looks wonderful!!! I am following you back from Anisfavoritethigns :)YUM!

Nikki, I love your blog! I've made your greek salad to take to work tomorrow!!! I also said was going to try out your awesome Nutella cupcakes!! Thank you so much for stopping by my site :) Can not wait to see more recipes!!hugsManni

Thanks for following me, following you back! Love all your recipes!http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'm glad you enjoyed looking around. Your blog is super cute. I love the limes! This recipe looks so yummy, it would be a great father's day breakfast for my hubby. I'd love for you to link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!Laurawww.laughloveandcraft.com

Weird. My comment from earlier didn't show up… I am going to save this recipe for Father's Day. And I am a new follower too. PS-I just added the "Follow" button to my blog. ;)Kerstin

Thanks for the comment on our blog! This recipe looks yummy, I can always use new good ideas! I'll follow you for sure! :)-CaliBits of Everything

I love overnight French Toast – so easy and tasty. An dthe bluberries here are perfect. Yum!!

Hey thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I am following you now too. This recipe looks delicious! I also want to try out your Texas Roadhouse rolls. Yum!!!

Hey Nikki! Thanks for following Homespun Kitchen! Following back, can't wait to check out all your recipes!!Cara

That french toast look so good! Blueberries are a favorite around here so I am going to have to bookmark this recipe for later. I'd like to invite you to stop by and share your french toast or any other recipes at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)Katie

Everything looks awesome here. I'm your newest follower, thanks for stopping by my blog today!Aimee @ Shugarysweets

This looks delish! Thanks Nikki! Love your blog. The limes are so cute! :0)~Jana

Thanks for checking out Creative2xmom this week. I love food and this site is going to be the end of my waistline. :-)

Looks amazing! Thanks for following!

Wooo what a cool recipe. Loving the little dabs of cream cheese in this. With the colorful berries it looks so pretty.

This is beautiful! Wow! Keep cooking. Looks like you're on a roll to me! I cannot wait to make this one weekend. http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com

Oh, YUM! I love overnight French toast casseroles and this combination of maple and blueberries looks outstanding :) Thanks for following my blog…now I'm your newest follower. I love what I've seen so far!

This looks delicious! Brunch has to be my favourite meal – well breakfast for any meal is good :)Thanks for visiting my blog and following. You have a great site here!

I did a bread pudding this week too! This looks so good! Would love for you to link up to my Sweet Treats Party today! Hope to see you there :)Ashtonwww.somethingswanky.com

I have been making this for years. It is by far the best breakfast dish ever! Everyone loves it.

Hi Nikki! Thanks for stopping by our blog and for the sweet comment! We just planted six blueberry bushes in our yard this Spring and I can't wait to make this overnight french toast! It looks delicious! – Cares

OH, this looks super yummy! I'll be trying this one out soon! Jen @ http://www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing! This looks super yummy! I am stopping by from the Strut Your Stuff Link Party. I am your newest follower and cannot wait to read more:) I would love to have you stop by my blog when you have a chance!www.divvyupdiva.com

So fun, will be trying soon!, and following your blog. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm just getting my feet wet in this amazing blogging world. ;)

This looks so delicious and beautiful, the blue of the blueberries really stands out and looks amazing! I'm hosting a weekly link party and would love if you popped in and linked up a recipe or two sometime. I do it every Wednesday.http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

Yum. I found a similar recipe that I plan on blogging about in the coming weeks. I can't wait to try it. The one I found didn't have that blueberry sauce, so I might add that in.

Um …. YUM! This looks SO DARN GOOD! Thanks a bunch for linking up!~Bec :-)

WOW, this looks delicious! I will definitely be following and hopefully trying this soon!

Looks very tasty!

Oh my word.. Does this sound Sunday-morning DIVINE! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Can't wait to try it… And have a great weekend! ~tina

I'm thrilled you dropped by my blog so that I could in return come see all your fab recipes! This french toast deal is making me hungry. I love breakfast food!

Thanks so much for coming by to show off your french toast this week. Have a fabulous long weekend! Hope you can come share more recipes again this Wednesday!Katie

This looks amazing! Yum! Thanks for sharing :)

Um yum! This looks yumtastic! I really love blueberries, and breakfast foods! And I saw your recent post… you are so cute pregnant! I am your newest follower :)Check out my blog and follow back if you like!http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

This looks really good. I've been looking for a new recipe for breakfast and I think this is it. Thanks for sharing!! As soon as blogger adds everyone's followers back, I'll be sure to come back and follow!

This looks really good. I've been looking for a new recipe for breakfast and I think this is it. Thanks for sharing!!As soon as blogger adds everyone's followers back, I'll be sure to come back and follow!

This looks Amazing!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your newest follower as well!Carleewww.ladybirdln.com

Fabulous! I have been looking for overnight breakfast recipes for Sunday mornings. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try it.

This looks great. I have an overnight breakfast casserole that we usually have on Christmas mornings, but I have never tried one like this.

Oh this looks DEEELICIOUSSS!!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

yum, yum, yummy!!! Come over and link up to my tasty Tuesday party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/05/papas-mac-and-cheese-and-tasty-tuesday.html

Mmmm! This looks amazing! I know I'd be having seconds…and thirds!

This looks like pure heaven!!! I will be trying this recipe! Maybe my husband will start liking what I cook if I make this lol Thanks for sharing!!!

Walking by Faith says:

Yum! Found you at the Funky Polkadot Giraffe and am so glad. This looks delicious! I'd love for you to come share with So Sweet Sundays!

I'm your newest follower. :)

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

on my list to make….looks so yummy!

your newest follower,
    angela

ryobious says:

Thank you for linking up to Whisking Wednesdays last week. I just wanted to let you know I featured you this week. I'd also love it if you'd link up another recipe or two this week. Hope to see you there!

I needed a breakfast recipe for next Tuesday. I found the perfect one! Thanks for sharing.

I'm a new GFC follower from Blue Cricket Design.

Blessings,
    Pamela

Amanda-The Sweet Details says:

Hey! I host a blog hop and would LOVE it if you came over and linked up! Here’s the link :) http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/search/label/Savory%20Sunday

i got a new blog url :)

MMMMMM that looks and sounds delicious, I am making that one sooon!!!! I will be your newest follower, love your blog!!!

The Sugar Queen says:

I just found your blog (don't remember how I came across it) and I wanted to say hello. This looks great ~ I love overnight french toast!

I'm your newest follower, and I invite you to come and visit my blog ~

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime says:

This is uber-delicious! Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

gigi123 says:

Simply delicious looking…visited you from Ginger Snaps link party!

Adam and Wendy says:

Love it! I'll have to try this soon!!

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

This looks so amazing!! I love the addition of the cream cheese – yum!! Thanks so much for linking it up to Think Pink Sundays – I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/06/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-9/

{nifty thrifty things} says:

This looks SO yummy! I can't wait to try this!!
    Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday! Come back and link up again this week. http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

I'm featuring you this week.

I love french toast!! This recipe sounds amazing! thanks for the idea!

I still haven't tried making anything like this! Perfect for when you have company.

Oh my…how wonderful this looks and sounds!! I am so glad you introduced yourself!! I look forward to talking more and seeing some more of your fabulous recipes! :) Dontcha' just lurve blogland and all the ideas sparked by others' creations!?

What a great recipe and it looks fabulous. This is a great recipe to save for the next time I make brunch. thanks for sharing it. I am now following you. I would love it if you visited my blog and followed me back.

Oh my goodness! It's like so many of my favorites rolled into one — French toast, bread pudding, & blueberry Danish. Definitely a must-try recipe!So, so happy to have you be a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me…" at Rook No. 17!Jenn

thanks so much for sharing we love french bread sticks and this recipe sounds amazingly delicious and perfect for breakfast come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

I was directed here by Flamingo Toes, and SO HAPPY I came to visit! I have been on your blog for 30 minutes already….it is definitely going to be one of my favorites. You have a beautiful family. Congrats on the soon-to-be new addition to the family!I absolutely love blueberries (any type of berries actually), so I will be headed to the store to pick up the missing ingredients. I have most of it. This looks so yummy and your photos are fabulous….enticing!Thank you for such a wonderful blog. I am definitely going to enjoy my visits here.

I Love baked blueberry french toast it's my special oiccasion breakfast!!!! This version sounds yummy!! I love to cook so I'm looking forward to foillowing your blog! Got you on twitter too! Found you from the FNF Blog hop! Hope you'll come visit Mommy's Outside Voice! http://www.mommysoutsidevoice.blogspot.comwww.twitter.com/angelluv728

Oh my goodness, this looks divine! I will definitely be putting this together Friday night, so we can have a scrumptious weekend breakfast the next day! :-)

allison @ itstoilegood.blogspot.com says:

Uh – YUM-O! THAT is the kind of breakfast I would LOVE! Thank you for linking up and sharing at WWWW!

Chameleon Girls says:

We are heading to the beach and this will have to be tried.

Looks so easy and yummy at the same time! Nice job once again!

___
    International call

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us. This is kind of like a bread pudding. Bread pudding always reminds me of the awesome buffets in Hawaii! I hope you will come over tomorrow and share more of your delicious recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.comI hope to see you there!

Deborah says:

Looks delicious! I love french toast too!
    Ill have to give it a try..thanks!

Deborah :)

Deborah says:

Oh and Im your newest follower (purehunnybee)

Deborah xo

I made this recipe yesterday and it was sooooo good! Only change was I doubled the amt. of blueberries that go on the bread, just cause we had them. mmmmm, everyone loved it, thanks for sharing.

Steph@PlainChicken.com says:

This looks amazing! We love blueberries – can't wait to try it

bf22f878-afe3-11e0-acf5-000bcdcb2996 says:

What kind of cream??? (1 cup milk, 1 part cream). Thanks!

This would surely be a big hit at my house too! Mangoes and Chutney's Fat Camp Friday is now open Friday at midnight (EST)! I would love if you stopped by and linked up this recipe!

WOW!!! This looks amazing! I'm making it for breakfast tomorrow. Our day trip to the beach was interrupted by Hurricane Irene. This looks like a great consolation prize for the family!!! :)Following you and excited to learn more amazing recipes! Thanks!!!BTW, I love the look of your blog. It's gorgeous!

Cookie's Mom says:

Drool. I now have a reason to invite friends over for brunch! Thanks so much!

Mmm! Looks good and I love make ahead breakfasts. Because let's be honest…who wants to get up early enough to make something like this before work/school?! Yay for night before prep! :) Thanks for sharing.

Jaime @ I'm a Mom not a Professional says:

made this for my kids first day of school, super yummy. Thanks

Tabitha Lynn says:

This looks amazing.

Such a yummy recipe! This is my group of friends go to recipe for every baby shower brunch!

My fiance and I are having my dad and step-mom over for dinner tomorrow and I'm going to make this for them!! I can't wait to try it!!!!

I love make ahead breakfast ideas! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Hope to see you again next week :)Everyday Mom's Meals

Alyssa O'Toole says:

I felt like the egg mixture needed some sugar… maybe that was just me. Other than that great recipe!

Made this for a brunch! Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. Simply delicious!

I made this for a friend whose birthday request was 'something with pastry and fruit'. She LOVED it :-))

This is so going to be our Christmas morning breakfast :-) Thank you for all of the wonderful recipes!

This recipe looks great, but unfortunately I am not a fan of cream cheese – any suggestions for substitution?thanks – would love to make this Christmas morning for my family.

I can't wait to try this! Going to have it tomorrow…Christmas eve morning!

I am making this for our Christmas morning. thank you for the recipe. Merry Christmas!!!

I am making this for Christmas morning as well! Can't wait.

I personally did not care for this recipe. It came across tasting too processed. The folks at work that tend to eat more processed foods or have sweet tooths thought it was great, but this is not something I would make again.

I made this for Christmas breakfast this morning and wasn't very impressed. I followed the recipe exactly. Even though it was cooked completely, it tasted way too eggy and didn't have much flavor at all.

I made this for Christmas but I cut the cream cheese in half. I made it again yesterday and I put raspberries in instead of the blueberries and added a "good" 1/3 cup of sugar. The raspberry one was fabulishes! Also only 1/2 of the cream cheese it calls for.

I found this on Pinterest and made it today for our church breakfast. Everyone loved it!! Thanks for giving me a "do ahead" dish that everyone can enjoy!

Overnight Blueberry French Toast?????? YES PLEASE!

This is really tasty. I made it with sprouted bread, which is what I had on hand, added some fresh nutmeg and used all heavy cream and it is great. My 2-year-olds are gobbling it up, right now. The syrup is too sweet for me, but I'll adjust that next time. Thanks for sharing!

definately gotta try this……. :0

Maybe marscapone?

What is sprouted bread?

Sprouted wheat bread is a wholesome, nutrient-dense and easy-to-digest bread. Made from sprouted wheat flour, this bread recipe is light, airy and sweet.

I have used this recipe for years. In fact entered it into a Recipe Contest held each year and was a finalist. Had to bake it up and take the recipe for final juding and took 1st. place in the Brunch catagory and 2nd place over all. My oldest granddaughter entered it in a bake off at their church when she was just 12 and took the grand prize with it. This was always on our Christmas Brunch table. So easy to just pop in the oven on Christmas morning Would just do up some bacon and sausage patties and we were good to go. Since we now celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day I miss doing this for Christmas morning. So I would always do it up for our last day of work before the holiday break so we could have it for our morning break. All the ladies I worked with loved it.

My kids refuse to eat the bread ends, so I freeze them for bread pudding. This looks like another way I could use them. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

I'm cooking this right now!…Though I'm not sure if it will turn out :(…never try to read a recipe at 530am lol…I didnt 'overnight' this recipe at all..so hopefully itll still work out. I almost mixed the blueberry syrup with the milk and eggs until i re-read it. I also only had 11 eggs (the bottom literally fell out of my 12th lol)Fingers crossed!!!!

I would like to make this more dinner (in my family, breakfast is our favorite dinner). Do you think it'll be fine if I prep this right when I wake up–7ish? And then cook it around 430-ish?

Just made this for breakfast, except I used blackberries. It was a hit!

Hate to say it, but I made this and it was DISGUSTING. I don't know if it's because I used frozen blueberries, or if my oven isn't working right. I wasn't expecting it to taste so much like egg. It tasted like egg with blueberries on top. It was mushy as can be too. I would have been better of making regular french toast and with the blueberry syrup.

Made this for people at work and they are all asking for the recipe! It was a total hit!

You really have a way of words. Great style of delivering the information and I could relate to it. Such a great information for me. Thanks for this. provigil

This looks delicious. I must try this soon. Thank you!

I have made this recipe every year for about 10 years, as part of my Christmas Brunch . My family always asks for it and we love the next day leftovers! Almost to good to be breakfast, but more like dessert. Make a day ahead and so easy to just pop in the oven in the morning. YUMMY!

Oh… and I swap it up sometimes to make it more Christmassy by making it with cranberries! Works great!

I’m going to attempt to make this, but the same morning! lol. Hopefully having it not sit overnight won’t affect the taste. I guess we are going to find out :)

This sounds so yummy…I can not wait to try it…do you think it would work with some other frit too, like maybe strawberries??

Can’t wait to try this

I made this for my MOPS group one morning and it was a HUGE hit!! I love that it’s yummy without being cloyingly sweet! Great recipe:)

This dish looks fabulous. But that is where it ended for me. It just has too much of an egg taste for me. And it didn’t seem to be sweet enough..

Did you use the frozen texas toast?

I made this for my company breakfast. It was a hit and actually looked just like the picture. Very yummy!

George Forsa says:

There’s no way to recommend your recipes without a ‘print’ capability.

Too bad.

George

Cant wait to make for Christmas Morning! Thanks for sharing it might become a family tradition. Will let you know.

I just made this for Christmas day breakfast and it was a huge hit! Really easy to make, and just pop in the oven while we opened presents. Very tasty! Will definitely make again!

Just made this for breakfast and it is AMAZING!!!

This looks so yummy, i can’t wait to make it next weekend for me and my guy when we have a weekend away. Anywho, I was just wondering what kind of bread? is it like a thick sandwich bread for like at Wal-Mart? I want to make sure that I get the right thing so it doesn’t fall apart. thank you!

I made this blueberry french toast for my friends for a lazy Sunday morning brunch, and it was a huge hit! It disappeared so quickly! But that might also be because we’re college students with voracious appetites ;) Because it was such a success, I decided to post the recipe on my blog, credit to you! Hope you’ll be able to check it. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!

-Monica

Have made several of your recipes, each have been a success! Made this frenchtoast last night, baked it up this morning and it turned out EXACTLYlike you said it would! :) it even looked exactly like the photo, which (for me) doesn’t always happen. Halved the recipe since its just my husband, myself and two small boys and still have a few servings left despite everyone having seconds! Thanks so much for the recipe! Also love the feta, pecan salad you have, with the homemade dressing…. It’s one of our favorites.

Love this!!! Lost it on my timeline, had to google fun recipes. Making again! Really amazing thank you

Taking a day off to hast some friends for New Year’s Day Brunch. Among other things, I’m making this delicious looking dish. My rule is never plan to make something for company that hasn’t been previously cooked and tested but this one looks like it will be great. No need for the test! Happy New Year!