Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting… These will be some of THE BEST pumpkin cookies you ever try! The frosting on top is out of this world and the perfect compliment to these delicious cookies!
Fall is by far my favorite season. I’m the kind of girl who loves and prefers to wear layers, jackets and boots over a swim suit any day. I LOVE dressing for fall. Another reason I love fall is all the BAKING! My kitchen never smells as good as it does during autumn. The fall flavors are absolutely delicious and the aroma is pure bliss.
My kids in particular go CRAZY over pumpkin! These Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are pretty special. They are super soft and absolutely fantastic. But what takes them to the next level is the Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting. There I said it. Need me to slow it down a bit?…
Have you ever heard a more delicious paring?!
This frosting compliments the pumpkin flavor perfectly. My family could not stop eating these beauties. These will be some of THE BEST pumpkin cookies you ever have the pleasure of trying… I promise! Definitely put these on the fall “must-try” list! You will not regret it!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, NOT filling
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar and sugar together. Add oil, egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and mix well. Add flour, cream of tartar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and press slightly down with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add caramel and salt and beat until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.