**GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED. Winner has been selected and emailed: Regina H.
Today is a very exciting day for you on Chef in Training. You get a review, recipe AND a giveaway!!!
For the month of March ONLY, Duncan Hines has 4 NEW and exciting “Frosting Creations” mix in flavors. These flavors include “Key Lime Pie”, “Fruit Punch”, “Pink Lemonade” and “Peaches and Creme.” You definitely need to take advantage of these limited time flavors before they are gone.
Let me be honest with you for a minute. Frosting is my least favorite part of baking. I know, it is simple enough, but by the time I am done baking the dessert, the last thing I want to do is dirty up more dishes. Duncan Hines “Frosting Creations” makes this SO easy for all of us. Just Watch…
Simply pour the flavor mix in packet into the frosting starter and stir it up until its evenly mixed. Easy-peasy, right?! The flavors are absolutely delicious, you are going to LOVE them!
The Duncan Hines “Peaches and Creme” flavor mix in stood out to me first because Peach Cobbler is one of my favorite recipes ever. I knew I wanted to incorporate similar flavors and compliment it with the “Peaches and Creme” frosting.
I made these for my family and the DEVOURED them!
Peach Cobbler Cake Push Pops
By March 6, 2013
These are so simple to make and are a fun way to serve up dessert!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 box Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 ( oz.) can Peach Pie Filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter
- 2 packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Peaches and Creme flavor mix in
- In a large bowl, combine Duncan Hines Yellow Cake mix, peach pie filling, eggs and vanilla and beat well. Try to break up the whole peaches into small chances as best as possible.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons into each slot of a Wilton Whoopie Pie Baking Tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes. This cake recipe will produce about 48-60 mini cakes.
- Carefully take the mini cakes out of each slot and let cool completely.
- Add Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Peaches and Creme flavor mix ins to the Duncan Hines Frosting starters and stir to mix well.
- To assemble the cake push pops, place a peach cake at the bottom of the Wilton Treat Pop container. Pipe a small layer of Duncan Hines Peaches and Creme. Repeat layers until there are 3 peach cakes and 3 frosting layers. Pipe the top layer pretty and add sprinkles if desired.
Now are you ready for the Sweet Treats Giveaway?!
Here is what the Sweet Treats Giveaway Package includes:
- 4 Duncan Hines cake mixes
- 4 Duncan Hines frosting creation starters
- 4 Duncan Hines frosting creations limited edition flavors: Pink Lemonade, Key Lime, Peaches and Crème, and Fruit Punch
- Wilton 6 ct Treat Pop containers
- Wilton Mini Whoopie Pie Pan
- Wilton Pearlized Jimmies
- “The Pastry Chef’s Companion” by Glenn Rinsky