Cookie Dough Brownies

Tonight we are doing a progressive dinner with a couple of our friends.  We are the Dessert House.

For one of the desserts served, I wanted to make something I hadn’t made for them before and came across this recipe at The Farm Girl.  It looked amazing!

I made a few changes to the brownie recipe (I have a favorite brownie recipe that I always use) but other than that, it is pretty similar!

COOKIE DOUGH BROWNIES

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Glaze:
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cups walnuts, optional

Cream butter and sugar together.  Add eggs and blend well.  Add vanilla, salt, cocoa, and flour.  Don’t over-beat.  Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.  Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until done.  Cool completely.

For filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light & fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Spread over brownies (works best to just press out with clean hands.); chill until firm.

For glaze, in a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly.

Let glaze harden before cutting in.

Linked up to these partiesand here

Comments

Kassi @ Truly Lovely says:

Those sound SO delicious!!! And a progressive dinner party sounds fun too! :) Thanks for stopping by Truly Lovely! Hope to see you again soon!

You are going to make me so fat, but I'll be really happy getting there

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ says:

OMG are you kidding ME! These look so delicious. I want to eat them right now. lol
    Dee

Jenilyn says:

Yummy! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm a new follower!

Jen@thecraftingfiend says:

these look delicious!

Thanks for the follow. I might gain 10 lbs just reading your blog! Ha! I want to make the s'mores bars you have on your blog. They look so good. Oh and your daughter is adorable! Hope the end of your pregnancy is going well.

Sarah@everydayeasy says:

I have always wanted to do a progressive dinner! Let us know how it goes!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma says:

EEEK!! These look deadly and delicious all in the same bite!

Kim-A Creative Spirit says:

Nunh Unh!!!! HOW YUMMMY do those look. MMMMMM

Shore Girl says:

You're right – they do look amazing — there's no way you could keep me out of them if they were sitting on my counter!

These sound delicious.

Nicolette says:

These look awesome! On the the short list for potential Father's Day dessert. Thanks!

Shelley says:

My mouth is literally watering so much I can't stop swallowing!!! These look A-MA-ZING! I'm printing this out as I write.

dreamachine says:

mmmmm this is making me so hungry! lol thanks for the add! Your blog is def on my favorites!

emily @ the happy home says:

holy. moly. this a combo of my two favorite sweets in the whole wide world!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate the comments from more established bloggers since I'm just starting out.

I think it is funny that the first recipe is a cookie dough brownie. I LOVE cookie dough. It's like it is saying "karla–follow my blog!". So I did. :-)

PS. the boyfriend thanks you for this recipe too ;-)

These looks sinfully delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours too! Will add to my blogroll:) –Everyday Mom's Meals.

Stephanie Brinkerhoff says:

uuummmm. . . .I will be making these NOW

sherri lynn says:

I have been making these for years and I LOVE THEM!!! They are so addicting!!

p.s. I have a fun summer giveaway going on at my blog!

Bella @Bellgetsreal says:

thanks for stopping by. You are definitely going to make my diet harder to stick with….these look delish.

Tanya@takesix says:

Nikki, those look delish!!!!!! You have some great recipes here. This is what I need. . . tried and true recipes, because I don't enjoy cooking. I just like to set the table!! ;0)

I felt guilty just looking at these delcious treats!!! What a great and fun blog you have here!! I'm a very happy new follower (and my family will be to when I try some of your recipes!) Have a great time at your progressive dinner. I found you on VoiceBoks and am so glad I did!! Take care!!

Catrina says:

These look great as well as all your other recipes! Thanks for following. Following you back. http://www.frugalfunchallenge.blogspot.com

Camille says:

Nikki, these look awesome! I will definitely be making these later! :)

Oh, my….I'm loving everything I've seen so far. I'm your newest follower!

Melissa says:

Wow…these look amazing. I am LOVING your blog! Following you back from Win For Fun.

Jennifer says:

I've only scrolled through 2 posts and I'm drooling! These all look fantastic! I'm off to scroll further down!
    Jen

This looks divine! I think I will have to make it this weekend!

I must make these! (drooling)

Oh my! That photo gave me chocolate-induced goosebumps!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. I'm following you, too, and looking forward to more recipes!

Wicked!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

I am so glad that you tried them and you loved them. They are always a hit at our house :)

The Farm Girl

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts says:

That sounds good. Great idea with the cookie dough in the middle. Thank you for participating at Joy of Desserts.

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to make these! They look fabulous!!!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman says:

Oh, these look so yummy! I'd love it if you would link this up to our Wicked Awesome Wednesday link party this week, if you have time.

Another amazing recipe! Would you come over to my link party tomorrow and share your recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday? http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.comI hope to see you there!

Looks so delicious…yum! I am so addicted to chocolate!

This looks scrumptious! I can't wait to make these!Jill of oursevendwarfs.com

I made these for fathers day this past weekend and they were a huge hit! Even my husband who isn't that into cake=y sweets loved them!

Oh MY! I will be making these today! This is my first visit and I love your blog. I am now a follower. I found you through the Kings Court IV Link-up. Can't wait to visit again.

Wow…these look awesome!Jill @ http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

These look wonderful! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Fantastic! These look so great and my kids would love 'em!

OMG…my mouth is watering! I MUST MAKE THESE! Thanks for sharing.

YUM!!! I am going to feature these next week! :)

I can't wait to try these! I'm a new follower, and also include a link to your recipe in my weekly link dump, located here:http://www.adornonashoestring.com/2011/06/link-dump_24.html

Yum yum yum yum YUM! These look so good! Cookie dough – what more needs to be said. Thanks for sharing :-)

Wow! Cookie dough & brownies in one? I'm in love!

Oh my gosh this looks like heaven! I need to try doing a gluten free variation on this!

Yum! I can't wait to try. Thank you!

WOW!! Those look really good!

Seaweed and Raine says:

STOP! You are making me SO hungry right now!!! They look delish. Hope your progressive dinner goes really well and that you all have a marvellous time :)

these look really delicious!

megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

Kim McCallie says:

These look absolutely delicious! I love the cookie dough filling in the middle. Would love to have one right now. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

shopannies says:

I love your blog you have many great post and this one is no different I shared an ice cream sandwich recipe on my blog as well come see it at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves says:

Oh cute girl…you are killing me here! I want to make everything you do! How do you stay so thin?

Hi Nikki! I found your blog through A Well Seasoned Life. These brownies look amazing. I will definitely be making them over the summer for my kiddos. Your chocolate trifle looks really good too. I'm a new follower and would love if you came by:

Have a great day!
    Rhondi

FlyAwayHome says:

WOW! These look Delish… I think I gained 10 pounds just looking at them :)

Screaming Sardine says:

Oh my! These look incredible. It's on my to do list, that's for sure. I know my son will be delighted by these.

Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

{nifty thrifty things} says:

Hmm.. These look SO delicious!! I love everything cookie dough!
    I will feature this at tomorrow's linky party! :)
    Thank you so much for linking it up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

Amanda-The Sweet Details says:

Hey! Not sure if you've seen the post yet or not but I featured you this week on savory sunday!!

These look fantastic!! I'm glad I happened to find your blog. I can't wait to check out more of your recipes. :)Laurie@TheBakingBookworm

First, congratulations on your new baby boy! Second, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I've been checking out a bunch of your posts and am now your newest follower! I like to say "I'm not a cook, I just {sometimes} play one on my blog" — I think I can learn a lot from you. Congratulations again!!

Seriously!? my two favorites things put together. I just love making myself fat!

oh yum!!! My husband would be all over these! Me on the other hand need to try and come uo with a vegan alternative. They just look so good!

angie @ the cellar door stories says:

just wanted to let you know that I made this recipe recently and featured it today! you can check out my post here: http://thecellardoorstories.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-favorites-1.html
    and come grab a button if you'd like!

Tabitha Lynn says:

This looks divine. Do you need the glaze on top?

I'm a cookie dough-holic and these look perfect. Thanks for sharing :)

These are amazing! The brownie recipe alone is fantastic but with the cookie dough and glaze it is perfection!

WOW…pinnin' ya….I'd like to invite you to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Partygoing on now-Sunday night……Have a wonderful weekend!

tell me about it, im a sugar freak and ive been on a diet and have been doing find TILL I SAW THESE BABIES!

Made these today…very good! doesn't take much to fill you up they turned out rich in flavor! thanks!!!!

This is a VERY confusing recipe to read….. For example, I tried to make the glaze and had to guess at how much chocolate to put in.

sorry about that. when i switched over to wordpress all my old recipes got jumbled up. I am slowly getting them all straightened out. sorry i didn’t get to this one in time. I hope it still turned out for you :)

Awesome !!! I bake alot and love to try different recipes. These were bang on ! I followed the recipe exactly without any problems. They make a large pan, so I froze some of them and they were even better eaten right from the freezer. This recipe is a keeper !