My sister has been begging me to try this recipe for a long time. She has been eating it all year long. Soup in summer just don’t mesh well for me so I put off making it until I could justify eating soup. With the cooler weather we have had recently, I decided to finally give it a go.
This soup is wonderful! The flavor is fantastic and it is perfect for warming you up on a chilly day! It will definitely be a cold weather dinner recipe that is a regular in our rotation!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped mild green chillies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans white beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3 cups chicken both
- 1½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, and cayenne pepper, and saute 2 minutes. Add beans, chicken, and broth and bring to a boil. Take off heat and stir in cheese until melted. Add sour cream and stir until smooth.
(recipe adapted from Taste of Home)