Twix Cookies take everything you love about the Twix candy bar and wrap it up into a simple show stopping cookie. It is comprised of three layers; shortbread cookie, gooey caramel and chocolate. These cookies are the original of its kind and widely popular!
After making my Twix Truffle Brownies (which by the way, are amazing and you definitely need to try those out if you haven’t already!), I knew a Twix Cookie had to make a debut on the blog as well. The end result was SO delicious!
Twix is my favorite candy bar. I love everything about them. Everything.
And how fun is it to have it in cookie form?! Inspired by the beloved candy bar, these cookies would make a wonderful cookie exchange recipe for the up and coming holidays! Everyone who tried these LOVED them! They taste identical to the Twix Candy Bar, only with a cookie shortbread base, which is a fun change to the crispy shortbread found in the candy bar. The gooey caramel and chocolate topping worked wonderfully together and made for the perfect treat!
HOW ARE TWIX COOKIES MADE
You start with a shortbread cookie. Once the shortbread is baked you spread a layer of caramel. You can use homemade caramel, caramel bits, caramel cubes or my favorite Peter’s Caramel. Once that caramel layer sets up, you spread on a layer of melted chocolate.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LIKE:
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 oz of caramel (see note)
- 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
- Dump dough onto a lightly flour surface.
- Roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
- With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- Melt caramel according to package directions. Spread over cooled cookies. Let caramel cool completely before spreading on the chocolate.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
- Let chocolate set before eating and serving. I popped mine in the fridge/freezer to get the chocolate to set faster.