Potato Boats are one the best side dishes out there! This recipe was created by my talented mother years ago and is my go-recipe when we get a craving for them.
This is probably one of my hubby’s top three favorite side dishes! He is always requesting the recipe. But really, how could you go wrong with all of these yummy ingredients?!
If you are in a side dish rut, or maybe your own potato boats could use a little more flavor, give this recipe a try! It will quickly become a family favorite!
- 5 large BAKED potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ milk
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut baked potatoes in half, length-wise.
- With a spoon, carefully scoop out the middles of the potatoes and put them into a mixing bowl. Place baked potato skins on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper, garlic salt and milk to the potatoes and beat until smooth. Do not over beat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Scoop the potato mixture back into the skins and top with Colby jack cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees F until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions.