Hi there. It’s Kathi from Deliciously Yum and I couldn’t be more excited to share today’s recipe with you. While I enjoy creating wonderful meals for my family to eat, I am extremely passionate about baking. Whether we’re talking about making cinnamon rolls from scratch, whipping up some mouthwatering breakfast concoctions like muffins, or preparing quick no-bake treats, I adore it all.
But nothing compares to my cookie obsession. I usually gravitate toward a slightly crispy exterior with a soft and chewy inside. And lots and lots of flavor, of course.
Since chocolate and peanut butter make for one incredible pair, there was no doubt in my mind that they would create one of my favorite cookies to date.
Not only are they filled with chocolate chips and cocoa powder for ultimate chocolaty goodness, but the batter holds melted chocolate as well, which makes for an even richer and velvety cookie. Combined with creamy peanut butter and Reese’s Pieces, every chocolate & pb fan will rejoice.
These cookies are thick, perfectly tender, and extremely satisfying. They’re sure to satisfy any craving for something sweet.
Hope you enjoy!
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (I used special dark)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup (4 oz. package) Reese’s Pieces
- Melt ½ cup chocolate chips in the microwave or with the help of a double boiler. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and powder. Set aside as well.
- In your stand mixer cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined. Add melted chocolate chips and give it a good stir. Finally, add creamy peanut butter and stir until incorporated. Now add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add chocolate chunks and Reese’s Pieces. Cover and refrigerate dough for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 12 -14 minutes or until tops of cookies have a cracked appearance. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe yields 18 cookies.
This recipe was created by contributor, Kathi, from Deliciously Yum
You can find Deliciously Yum at: