These Sweet Potato Wedges are SO yummy and the Honey Chipotle Dipping Sauce is the PERFECT compliment! They are savory and absolutely incredible!
It is Sweet Potato season and I love it! I usually am found making my BEST EVER SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE, which is absolutely delicious! But every now and then its fun to change up the way you enjoy certain foods.
This recipe is on the savory side and let me tell you, IT. IS. FABULOUS! Lets talk about the Honey Chipotle Dipping Sauce for just a second. The sweet slightly heated flavor is the absolute perfect compliment to the seasoned sweet potato wedges. Chipotle seasoning is one of my personal favorite seasonings. So its no wonder why I love this dipping sauce so much ;)
These disappeared so fast! Everyone had nothing but the highest of praises about them. I cannot wait to make them again! :)
- 4 to 5 sweet potatoes
- 7 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Peel potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half and then in half again and depending how large they are half again. Spread potatoes over the cookie sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, sage and basil. Mix well.
- Using a pastry brush, brush oil mixture all over the potatoes. Toss the potatoes to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 450 degrees F and then turn the broiler on to high and bake for about another 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
You DEFINITELY need to try this recipe! Trust me, you will be SO HAPPY you did :)