This Skillet Butter Lemon Herb Chicken is loaded with a delicious butter garlic herb flavor and so simple to make. The chicken is so tender and juicy. This meal is a new family favorite!
I love quick and easy meals and this Skillet Butter Lemon Herb Chicken is quickly climbing up my list of favorites. I one of those firm believers that garlic is a gift from heaven. Seriously. I add it to SO many dinner dishes because it really enhances flavor and brings the dish to life.
This chicken is bold yet simple. The butter sauce is filled with refreshing lemon and an array of delicious spices that compliment one another perfectly. The sauce does not feel heavy but rather feels fresh and satisfying.
This dinner would be perfect for any occasion. It feels fancy but is so simple and easy. You can dress it up with some dense sides or keep the lighter feel and accompany it with some delicious sautéed veggies.
I will definitely be coming back to this recipe again and again! Give it a try and I am sure you will too :)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, not too thick
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl, combine basil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Set aside
- Pound the chicken until it is fairly flat and there are not any thicker portions.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat and oil. Place chicken in skillet and cook on each side for about 5 minutes. Check to make sure it is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add the butter.
- Melt butter and then add garlic and the basil mixture.
- Sautee for about 30 seconds, and then add the lemon juice and the chicken stock.
- Simmer for 2 minutes on low and then add the chicken back in and spoon the lemon herb sauce over the top.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh basil