Breakfast is one of my favorite genre of recipes but unfortunately, with early morning school schedules, I don’t get to making a delicious fresh out of the oven breakfast as often as I would like to on school days. That is what is so special about today’s recipe for Refrigerator Bran Muffins is so special.
I have another delightful recipe that comes from my grandma’s cookbook to share with you today. She has been using this recipe since my mom was a little girl. Believe me when I tell you there is a reason they are still being made today.
They are DELICIOUS! Seriously some of the best muffins out there! The texture, flavor, pretty much everything about them is fabulous. Did I mention they are healthy, too?
You can make this recipe and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks! Just preheat the oven and dump some batter into the muffin tin. Easy Peasy! And you have a fresh cooked warm breakfast for the family.
This recipe is ALWAYS a good thing to have on hand! It never makes it the full 6 weeks at my house because frankly we just can’t stop eating them!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup Fiber- One cereal (or your favorite bran cereal)
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2½ cups flour
- 2½ teaspoons soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups Grape Nuts (not the flakes)
- In a small bowl pour boiling water over bran and let sit. In a large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat. Add buttermilk. Add flour, soda, and salt. Mix in bran, raisins, and Grape nuts.
- Bake at 400 for 12 to 14 minutes. (After dough has been refrigerated, bake for 15 to 20 minutes)
- Store dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 6 weeks.