This Ramen Noodle Salad is such an enjoyable side dish perfect for any pot lock. It has a variety of flavors and textures and is so delicious.
May is crazier then December. At least when you have kids. We have SO much going on. School is winding down, yet there are projects and tests in full force, and soccer and dance coming to a close for the season. Between all this, my weeks are spent carpooling and late night homework sessions. With so much going on, I love quick recipes I can whip up for dinner, lunch or a side dish.
This salad is so yummy! It has so many great flavors and textures that flow and work together fabulously. The dressing is a soy sauce base and pairs wonderfully with the crunchy ramen noodles and crisp veggies. The dressing is tangy yet sweet.
With summer upcoming, this is a great recipe to bring to any pot luck or get together! It is always a crowd favorite!
- 10 cups cabbage mix, About 1½ pounds
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cups thinly sliced green onions
- 2 packages ramen noodles broken into small chunks, don't use the seasoning
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cups sunflower seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients and toss well.
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad about 5 minutes before you are ready to serve it.