The Leaves are changing outside and fall has arrived here where I live. I have thoroughly been enjoying baking with pumpkin and have yet another delicious pumpkin recipe to share with you.
Bundt Cakes are such a popular dessert. Everyone loves them! This particular Pumpkin Bundt Cake is so delicious and moist and the caramel drizzle is fantastic paired with it.
This would be a great fall dessert to serve your company. It was quite the hit when I served it and had several people asking for the recipe. Pumpkin and Caramel make a tasty duo and this cake is nothing less than sensational!
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 oz). can pumpkin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and sour cream. Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt and stir in to combine. Pour into a prepared bundt pan. ( I like to use the spray that has flour in it, if you don't have any, grease and flour it yourself.)
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes at 350 degrees F. Test it with a wooden pick to see if it comes out clean. Invert cake onto a cooling rack.
- Heat milk and brown sugar in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from stove and add butter and vanilla. Cool for a couple minutes then drizzle immediately onto cake. It sets up quickly so its best to drizzle while its still very warm.