With fall here, I am basking in all the pumpkin I can before the “pumpkin” season officially runs its course :)
Cream cheese and pumpkin are an incredible duo. One of the best fall combos out there in my honest opinion.
As simplistic as a pumpkin roll may seem, it is ALWAYS the first thing to go whenever I bring one anywhere. If you are looking for a yummy fall dessert that will be the favorite of the evening, give this one a try! The cake is so moist and delicious and the cream cheese filling is the perfect compliment in each and every bite!
- 3 eggs, separate egg yolks and egg whites
- 1 cup sugar, divided in half
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree, I use the canned kind
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 15x10 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan and the top of the paper.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until think. Gradually add ½ cup sugar and the pumpkin. Beat mixture until the sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a smaller bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Cool 5 minutes and turn cake onto a kitchen towel sprinkled with powder sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in in the towel starting with the shorter side. Cool completely before adding the filling.
- In small bowl beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Unroll cake and spread filling.
- Roll up again and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Can be frozen- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.