I have found my absolute new FAVORITE overnight french toast recipe. This is it.
Pumpkin. Cream Cheese. Streusel Topping. Caramel Syrup.
Are we on the same page yet?
Now that you have envisioned heaven, you definitely have to make it!
All the prep work is done the night before and ready to pop in the oven the next morning. This is the perfect fall breakfast to wake up to. Each bite melts in your mouth and is the perfect blend of flavors.
- 1 loaf french bread, cubed
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut french bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Spread half french bread in bottom of baking dish.
- Cut cream cheese into ½ inch cubes. Evenly spread cream cheese over top of bread cubes.
- Place remaining bread cubes over cream cheese layer.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover with saran wrap and store in refrigerator overnight.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, salt and brown sugar together. Cut the butter in with a pastry whisk or a fork.
- Store in ziploc in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle streusel topping over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine brown sugar, heavy cream and light corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until syrup is warmed through and sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle over cooked french toast.