A couple months ago, my family went to visit my grandparents in California. It has been a while since we had last been out there and I have been seriously missing spending time with them. Yes, this is the same grandma that supplies a lot of the yummy recipes on this blog from her incredible cookbook she made and compiled of recipes she has had since she was first married.
While we were there, she made these bars for one of the desserts. I could not stop eating them! Partially because all I have wanted with this pregnancy is sugar and sweets. I asked her for the recipe and she said it had been in the cookbook all these years and I had just somehow overlooked it. They are SO easy to make and are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey and delicious! Trust me, you need to make these!
- 1 box yellow cake mix, dry- not prepared
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- GOOEY LAYER:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and egg. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pat and press dough evenly over the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat and cream the cream cheese. Add the eggs and beat until smooth for a minute or two. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until done. Do not over bake.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into.
Recipe comes from Paula Deen