I have been making cupcakes like a mad woman the last few weeks, particularly this last week. My sister is having a celebration for her baby today and I had to make over 100 cupcakes for the event. Needless to say, I have been making cupcakes, freezing them and repeating. Being crammed for time, I like to take as many shortcuts as I can BUT still produce moist, delicious and perfect cupcakes. That’s where this amazing recipe comes into play. I made this chocolate cake recipe a couple years ago with my mom and the recipe has stuck with me. I like to adapt it to whatever flavor I am craving, which is what I did today.
You may remember a similar picture to today’s post from my Vanilla Bean Buttercream recipe. Well, today you get the cupcake recipe that goes along with the picture. Trust me, this is one cupcake recipe you are not going to want to lose!
- 1 box golden vanilla cake mix, dry
- 1 (3.9 oz) box Vanilla INSTANT Pudding mix, dry
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Cake Batter will be THICK.
- Fill cupcake tins about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until cupcakes are golden in color.
(recipe slightly adapted from Kevin and Amanda)