It is the last day of March. What????
I cannot even believe it! I have the prettiest flowers blooming on the tree in front of my house and am so thrilled spring is here. I look forward to spring every year. New warmth, new life, my birthday… its always great when spring arrives ;)
Another reason I look forward to spring is for Easter. I love the Easter holiday and all that it entails. The meaning behind Easter is one near and dear to my heart and I love this time to remember new life and new beginnings.
I also LOVE our Easter feast! I look forward to this each time this holiday rolls around! My family all gets together and we get to enjoy one another’s company.
Today’s recipe would be a great treat for your Easter holiday! It is also great because the whole family can get in on the fun together. I had a ball making these with my family. My kids had an absolute blast decorating their little eggs. On top of being completely adorable, these little eggs are DELICIOUS! Oreo truffle is my favorite so why not make them into eggs?!
- 1 package Double Stuffed Oreos
- 6 oz Cream Cheese, you may add up to 8 oz, I just like the consistency best with 6 oz.
- 16 oz Dipping Chocolate, almond bark is my favorite because it hardens faster and quicker and doesn't melt as easy as chocolate chips after it sets up. You can also use chocolate chips.
- Colored Candy Chocolate Melts of your choice for decorating
- 1 egg cookie cutter
- Grind Oreos up finely in a food processor.
- With clean hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined and uniform in color.
- Using an egg cookie cutter, press some of the Oreo truffle inside to form the egg shape. Remove carefully from cookie cutter and place on a wax covered cookie sheet. Repeat until all Oreo truffle is used up.
- Put in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- While balls are in freezer, melt chocolate according to directions.
- Pull the Oreo Truffles out of freezer, and dip into chocolate. Let harden completely.
- Melt colored candy chocolate melts and pipe as desired to decorate eggs. Let chocolate harden
- Let chocolate set, refrigerate and enjoy! Store leftovers in fridge.
Recipe adapted from my Oreo Truffles