Today I want to share another recipe gem from my grandma’s cookbook. It is SO easy, requires absolutely no baking and is delicious and refreshing.
My grandma’s recipe called for Lemon Jello and lemon juice, but seeing as St. Patricks day is right around the corner, I decided to go the lime route for a fun “green” themed dessert. You can make it either way because both are equally as delicious.
My daughter particularly loved this dessert. It has the perfect combination of tart and sweet and will leave your guests very happy :)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small package lime jello
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 packet Dream Whip, and the milk and vanilla it requires
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, Nilla Wafer crust works great, too
- additional graham cracker crumbs for garnish, optional
- Combine boiling water, lime jello and lime juice in a medium bowl. Mix and let partially set (I stick mine in the fridge for about 20 minutes and it becomes partially set enough for me)
- While jello is partially setting, In a large bowl, cream cream cheese and sugar together. Set aside.
- Make packet of Dream Whip up according to box directions. Mine called for ½ cup COLD milk and ½ tsp. vanilla. Follow directions and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Once jello is partially set, pour into cream cheese/sugar mixture bowl and beat to combine.
- Fold in Dream Whip.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and sprinkle additional graham cracker crumbs over the top if desired.
- Cover and place in fridge until set.