Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
Pasta casseroles are one of my favorite types of dinners. They are super flexible, easy to change and customize and always a hit with my picky eaters.
Todays pasta casserole lets you taste a bit of the Mediterranean with each and every bite. The feta cheese is such a delicious co-star to this incredible meal. The sun dried tomatoes and spinach work so well together along side the fantastic mediterranean seasonings.
Olive oil is used as a light dressing to keep each bite feeling fresh and not too heavy.
If you are looking for a dinner that is sure to be a hit with the whole family, then you definitely need to give this one a try!
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (3.5 oz.) bag sun dried tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz.) bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1½ cups crumbled feta
- Heat olive oil, garlic and sun dried tomatoes in a large pot over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach, chicken, slat, pepper and basil and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add in feta and pasta and cook an additional two minutes, tossing as you cook.
- Serve immediately after.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I wish my pasta salads were this pretty! I love sundried tomatoes and I bet they're just perfect in here! pinned :)
THis sounds so yummy, I am making this tonight!
This looks fabulous! I can't wait to serve it to my family. Thanks for making me a better cook! :)
was browsing at some pasta recipe and i've found this looks delicious and might try someday :-)
btw , as i was reading the instruction , theres a typo in "salt " ;-)
Thanks for sharing this recipe !
What a dish!!...This was a hit with my kids!!!.. I changed the basil to coriander, and the sundried tomatoes to fresh tomatoes and everyone love it...I will continue to try more recipes.
What can I use instead of Feta cheese please?
Leave a Comment